Nicki Minaj’s Husband Sues to Get Name Off Sex Offender Registry

Written by on August 19, 2021

Just a week after being sued, Nicki Minaj’s husband has filed his own lawsuit.

Kenneth Petty is suing the State of New York and its Criminal Justice Services division to have his name removed from the sex offender registry, claiming he never was offered an opportunity to challenge it.

According to legal documents, obtained by TMZ, Petty never received notice of a hearing in October 2004 while he was incarcerated for attempted rape. The hearing would have allowed him to contest his level 2 sex offender status.

He says the notice was sent to an address where he didn’t live because he was in prison at the time. He also alleges the “Kenny Petty” signature on the paperwork was forged and that the person who signed it said he would not be attending the hearing.

As a result, Petty says he never got his constitutional right to due process to challenge the risk level assigned to him.

In his lawsuit, Petty claims he suffered financial loss and humiliation, including his arrest last year for failing to register as a sex offender in California. He wants his name removed from New York sex offender list.

Last week, it was reported that Petty, along with his wife, are being sued by the woman he was convicted of trying to rape in 1994. Jennifer Hough claims that the couple harassed and threatened her to not speak about the incident, for which Petty pleaded guilty to attempted rape and served over four years in prison.


Current track

Title

Artist

Background