Quavo and Saweetie Won’t Face Criminal Charges for Elevator Fight
Written by on May 6, 2021
Quavo and Saweetie are both off the hook in their infamous elevator fight.
Neither rapper will face criminal charges for the physical altercation that was caught on camera. According to TMZ, the L.A. City Attorney’s Office has declined to file charges. Due to insufficient evidence, there was no likelihood of a conviction for either party.
Surveillance video, captured prior to the couple’s breakup, shows them struggling over an orange Call of Duty case. Saweetie seems to take the first swing at Quavo before he grabs her by the arm and drags her to the elevator floor. She remains on the floor until the elevator eventually stops and she limps out.
The LAPD was investigating the incident and wanted to interview both Quavo and Saweetie separately to determine what happened before and after the elevator footage was captured.
Saweetie later acknowledged that the altercation happened a year ago when the couple was still together. Since the fight, they were able to reconcile, but other issues led to their eventual breakup.
“This unfortunate incident happened a year ago, while we have reconciled since then and moved past this particular disagreement, there were simply too many other hurdles to overcome in our relationship and we have both since moved on,” said Saweetie.
Quavo also released a statement, denying that he was physically abusive to his ex-girlfriend. “We had an unfortunate situation almost a year ago that we both learned and moved on from,” he said. “I haven’t physically abused Saweetie and have real gratitude for what we did share overall.”
After taking a shot at her ex on her recent song “See Saw,” Saweetie is single and moving on. “I’ve learned that the world doesn’t stop for anybody,” she told W Magazine after their breakup. “And it’s for sure not going to stop for me just because I got my heart broke.”