Quavo Breaks Silence, Denies Abusing Saweetie

Written by on April 2, 2021

Quavo is speaking out about his now infamous elevator fight with Saweetie.

Just hours after Saweetie broke her silence, the Migos rapper addressed the former couple’s physical altercation that took place last year prior to their breakup. In his statement, Quavo denies that he was physically abusive to his ex-girlfriend.

“We had an unfortunate situation almost a year ago that we both learned and moved on from,” he told TMZ. “I haven’t physically abused Saweetie and have real gratitude for what we did share overall.”

Earlier in the day, Saweetie released her own statement in which she acknowledged the viral elevator video.

“This unfortunate incident happened a year ago, while we have reconciled since then and moved past this particular disagreement, there were simply too many other hurdles to overcome in our relationship and we have both since moved on,” she said. “I kindly ask that everyone respect my privacy during this time.”

The surveillance footage, which was reportedly captured at Saweetie’s apartment complex a year ago, opens with Saweetie appearing to swing at Quavo before they struggle over an orange Call of Duty case. He grabs her by the arm and swings her into the elevator. They both fall to the floor, but she doesn’t get up until the elevator eventually stops and she limps out.

The LAPD is now investigating the incident and wants to interview both Quavo and Saweetie separately to determine what happened before and after the elevator footage was captured. It could potentially lead to a criminal case of mutual combat, where both Quavo and Saweetie could be found at fault.

The couple confirmed their breakup last month, with Saweetie hinting that Quavo was unfaithful. “Presents don’t band aid scars and the love isn’t real when the intimacy is given to other women,” she tweeted, while he responded, “You are not the woman I thought you were.”


Current track

Title

Artist

Background